Sunday, July 21, 2013

StreetKORE Project: VLX600

Got my hands on a new project today.  Something a little different. 96 Honda VLX600. As it sits, it's got the usual dressed up chrome items, a studded Mustang seat as well as a set of Cobra Long Shot pipes. Over all the bike is in good shape with some usual wear and tear. 


It runs and rides well, but is lacking a bit in some of the more critical areas. I've been dreaming up ideas for this bike for a little while now. At first I was considering a typical quick and clean bob job. These bikes lend themselves really well to that. But that's just too easy, and done to death. As it so happens there's quite a bit of leftover sportbike parts hanging around the garage that "should" bolt into this bike with minimal effort. Shoring up the handling and braking are priority one. I'm not looking for miracles, but I'm sure there's quite a bit of room for improvement here. Engine performance isn't of great concern right now. There's not a whole lot that can be done in that department without reinventing the wheel in this case. The little V twin has enough grunt to at least pull around traffic at freeway speeds. Shearing the weight off the bike will do wonders for it at present. The styling, I'd like to keep clean and trim. Just a bit more aggressive.  I came up with a rendering to at least see if I had my head on straight for this one. So far, it looks promising. 
Stay Tuned...




No comments:

Post a Comment